MARINE TECHNICIAN – HIGH PERFORMANCE
Are you an experienced Marine Technician or Motor Mechanic with a passion for motorsport and looking for a start with one of the best in the industry?
We are Baldwin Boats, located in Mildura on the Murray River. As one of the very few elite Mercury Premier Service Centers and Mercury High Performance Dealers in Australia, we are an extremely diverse marine dealership building, servicing, repairing and selling all types of vessels ranging from small aluminium punts through to luxury commercial vessels up to 21 meters.
A family owned business that has been established since 1974, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced person to join our dynamic team in one of the best marine workshops in the country.
What we can offer you:
- A long term, stable and secure position located in a centrally located regional city with a rapidly growing population of 32,000.
- Versality in jobs resulting with no day being the same. From servicing, repair and rebuilding of engines, gearboxes and components to computer diagnostics.
- Expand your knowledge and skills by working with the best.
- We have a strong client base including national and world title ski race teams.
- A competitive remuneration package including overtime and superannuation.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Performing services on all types of marine engines from small recreational outboards to high performance Mercury inboards in a modern, fully equipped workshop,
- Fitting and rigging of new marine engines,
- Diagnosis of faults and repairing both inboard and outboard engines,
- The running of our dedicated high-performance workshop,
- Communicating with customers,
- Attending all required factory training modules both on-line and at factory.
- Water testing boats.
The desired applicant will have:
- Strong mechanical knowledge on small two stroke engines and large four stroke high performance engines,
- High level electronic diagnostic knowledge,
- Have an excellent attitude and enthusiasm to learn,
- Have excellent communication skills and an aptitude for problem solving, take pride in producing quality workmanship in a neat and clean environment,
- Maintain the highest attention to detail and accuracy.
This role would be best suited to a candidate who has relevant experience as detailed above and has the drive and ambition to develop this role. As a true market leader in this field this is an excellent opportunity to work towards your career goals in a friendly work environment within the leisure industry.
Baldwin Boats will negotiate your salary package depending on experience and qualifications in accordance to the Award Rate. (40-hour week) and alternating Saturdays
To submit your application; submit resume via email to email@example.com.
Please note that only successful applicants that fit our criteria will be shortlisted and contacted for an interview.
Baldwin Boats Pty Ltd
19 Etiwanda Ave. Mildura, Victoria 3500
PO Box 1678 Mildura, Victoria 3502
P: 03 50227596 F: 0350227514